2010年3月16日

English Joke:How is Normas ?

How is Normas

A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph 's Hospital. She timidly asked,

"Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"

The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number of the patient?"

The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, "Norma Findlay, Room 302."

The operator replied, "Let me put you on hold while I check with the nurse's station for that room."

After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said, "I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged tomorrow."

The grandmother said, "Thank you. That's wonderful. I was so worried. God bless you for the good news."

The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"

The grandmother said, "No, I'm Norma Findlay in Room 302. No one tells me spit."

 

諾瑪怎麼了?


一位古錐的阿媽打電話到喬瑟夫醫院。她害怕的問:「可以有人告訴我一位病人的現況嗎?」

接線生回答:「我很樂意幫助你,親愛的。那位病人的名字和病房號碼是?」

阿媽用她虛弱、顫抖的聲音說:「諾瑪‧凡雷,房號302。」

接線生回答:「請稍等一下讓我去護士站查一下這個病房。」

幾分鐘之後,接線生回到線上說:「我有一個好消息。她的護士剛告訴我諾瑪復元的相當好。她的血壓正常;她的血液循環也回復正常;她的醫生,柯漢大夫,已經計劃讓她明天出院。」

阿媽說:「謝謝。真是太好了。我擔心死了。謝謝你的好消息,願 上帝賜福你。」

接線生回答:「你真是太客氣了。諾瑪是你的女兒嗎?」

阿媽說:「不,我就是住302病房的諾瑪‧凡雷。沒有人肯坦白跟我說。」

沒有留言:

張貼留言